Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past 2 months or so I have had several bouts of

indigestion. I have been...
For the past 2 months or so I have had several bouts of indigestion. I have been watching what I eat and that seems to help. Lately however, the indigestion is constant, even when I haven't eaten anything. I feel full all the time even when I haven't eaten for several hours. Once I eat the indigestion is even worse and i feel like I've eaten so much that's it's right in my throat. I have gain a bit of weight in the past 6 months, mainly in my mid section and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.
My fear is that I am a 4 year breast cancer survivor and maybe I have a cancer developing in the digestive track? I am on a Aromasin and not sure if this has anything to do with it either. I have an appointment with my family dr. in about 3 weeks.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2013
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

Aromasin can cause indigestion as a side effect in some cases.

Mysticdoc :

But there are other possibilities as well.

Mysticdoc :

Gallbladder disorder is most common cause of these symptoms.

Mysticdoc :

Gastritis or inflammation of the stomach lining is another possibility.

Mysticdoc :

Pancreatitis also can cause these symptoms.

Mysticdoc :

Blood tests including liver function test, serum amylase and lipase levels should be checked.

Mysticdoc :

Upper GI endoscopy and H pylori antigen test also should be considered.

Mysticdoc :

H pylori is a bacteria that can infect the stomach lining.

Mysticdoc :

Ideally, a gastroenterologist should be consulted with.

Mysticdoc :

Please discuss these options with your doctor.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Mysticdoc : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Mysticdoc : Hi there,
Mysticdoc : Aromasin can cause indigestion as a side effect in some cases.
Mysticdoc : But there are other possibilities as well.
Mysticdoc : Gallbladder disorder is most common cause of these symptoms.
Mysticdoc : Gastritis or inflammation of the stomach lining is another possibility.
Mysticdoc : Pancreatitis also can cause these symptoms.
Mysticdoc : Blood tests including liver function test, serum amylase and lipase levels should be checked.
Mysticdoc : Upper GI endoscopy and H pylori antigen test also should be considered.
Mysticdoc : H pylori is a bacteria that can infect the stomach lining.
Mysticdoc : Ideally, a gastroenterologist should be consulted with.
Mysticdoc : Please discuss these options with your doctor.
Mysticdoc : Best wishes,
This is the link to my profile:
Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist