How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8621
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having pain on my lower right hand side,I've

This answer was rated:

I have been having pain on my lower right hand side,I've been to a md is better to see a gyn for this then a basic md

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Do you mean lower right hand side just above waist line?

Since how long you have this pain?

Is there any pain on pressing that area?

Any symptoms like nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, urinary urgency, frequency or burning?

Does that pain radiates to groin?

Any test done, other than CT?

Any pain killer tried?

Please give short replies to all questions.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Low on my right side. Couple of weeks , burning, yes, blood work, urine test, adleve

Krista thanks for your input. I am so sorry to hear about your problem. Pain on lower right side is sometime confusing. There are many structures there. The cause can be a urinary tract infection, a urinary tract stone, ovarian cyst etc. Sometime there are concretions in the urinary tract and they are not picked up on CT scan. You are concerned that whom you should visit, so here is the practical suggestion for you.
1. You should visit primary care physician(MD) again for further workup.
2. Get ultrasound abdomen, Xray KUB and Intravenous pyelography and (if doctor feel like), urine culture.
3. According to results, your doctor can refer you further to a urologist or OB GYN or most likely he may treat you himself.
Going to GYN straight away is not good because if there is some cause other than ovaries, she will not be able to help you. Till you visit, OTC tab aleve (stronger than advil) can help you, it's to be taken twice daily. Drink lots of water and other fluids like cranberry juice.
I hope this helps you, I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you