Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

The catergory is wrong its not for eye its about why i shake

the catergory is wrong its...

the catergory is wrong its not for eye its about why i shake when i get hot and wondering if it could be diabetes.im a 48 year old female.never smoked.i am alittle over weight since 2 years ago starting go through menopause.and i am on a low dose birth control to help with the hot flashes.im about 165 at 5'4..and been this weight for about 2 years and havnet gained but cant seem to really loose either.i walk twice a week 3 miles each time.i try to stay active.but when i do stuff that is alittle strenious and get hot my hands shake so bad for awhile once i cool down it goes away.i do have some dizziness sometimes but i also have allergy and sinus issues.i have itchy eyes alot but also get blurry but i wear glasses and was diagnosed 2 years ago with dry eye.also i have a issues of not drinking enough.and i dont mean i dont drink water i mean im just not always thirsty so i dont drink much.i can make a bottle of water last all day and my doc said i will dehyrate myself. and i was thinking this could be some of the cause of the shaking.but when i do the pick your skin up on your hand thing it goes back down like im not dehyrated.so only other thing i was thinking was prediabetes.which i pray not.my blood was checked about 8 months ago and fine.and my blood pressure is fine.it does run in my family as far as grand parents..so i am wondering if shaking sometimes but only when i get hot is a sign of diabetes?

6/27/2013
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Vakul Aren :

Shaking can occur due to Benign Familial tremors which tend to run in families.Diabetes does not cause tremors,though Parkinson's Disease(PD) might.A neurological check up,ruling out thyroid disorders may help.

Vakul Aren :

Ruling out autoimmune disease/connective tissue disorders like Sjogren's Syndrome will help.

Customer:

well it doesnt do this all the time only when i get hot when im walking or working in the yard and get hot..i thought tremors liek some people ahve is all the time

Customer:

and what kind of doctor would i go to ..to get all these things you mentioned ruled out?

Vakul Aren :

It would be best to consult a Rheumatologist regarding the dry eyes and shaking and a Neurologist for the tremors of the hand.A thyroid check will help rule out any hyperthyroidism which may also cause tremors and a hot feeling.

Customer:

I THINK I WILL START WITH THE THYROID FIRST.SINCE I TOOK ONE OF THOSE THYROID SYMPTOM TEST AND I HAVE MOST OF THOSE SYMPTOMS.DO YOU HAVE TO FAST BEFORE THEY CAN DO A THYROID BLOOD TEST

Vakul Aren :

Yes,a fasting blood sample is required for the thyroid profile.

Customer:

oh okay.i just read online that it did not require one lol.but okay..so you dont ahve to ahve a lump in your neck to ahve thyroid issues right?

Vakul Aren :

A goitre or a thyroid lump is not necessary in thyroid disorders.Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism may occur without this lump in the neck.

Customer:

so i am getting ready to get some test for the thyroid to rule it out.the other thing is.im on very low dose birth control for menopause symtoms.i ahve been thinking about getitng on a hrt instead i ahve bad headaches during that time of month on the brrth control.and i was wondering if i should be going to my obgyn do to do the thyroid test or my general doctor?and can you take these two pills together if i was to gt on thyroid meds

Vakul Aren :

Yes,the thyroid pill and birth control pill can be taken together.You need to see your Primary Care Physician for your thyroid testing.

Customer:

okay i went and got test done.i also founs a all antural supplemet to help with thyroid

Customer:

this website keeps coming and goign they must be having issues with it.do you know much about supplements.i started taking some and wnat to know if thy are okay to take together.im taking a multi called maxine bymaxi-sorb its a daily nulti for women and then im taking alpha betic cinnamonplus chromium and biotin for sugar geulation jsut in case.and i bought today thyroid health formula by dr.micahel murray and 369 omega by natrol

Vakul Aren :

As long as you are taking the medicine as prescribed by your doctor,all supplements will help correct any deficiencies .Please rate the answer.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

just letting you know i did go and having my blood checked for my thyroid and cholesterol and sugar.and she said thyroid is fine cholesterol is jsut alittle over 231 and sugar is normal 101.so i got to doing some reading.do doc not check for low blood sugar too.becasue the shling of my hands and dizziness when i do somewthing streniuos and the way i feel weak at certain times during the day seems to run in that catagory.but doesnt she need to check my blood through the day to see if it drops.

If a fasting blood sugar sample is normal,usually blood sugar problems are not seen.The cholesterol is on the higher side,avoiding saturated fats and regular exercise will help.
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor