Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

You answered a question about a lipoma, I was not able to

get the answer because it...
You answered a question about a lipoma, I was not able to get the answer because it was locked. The question was: is it safe to use liposuction to remove a lipoma, size of a golfball located inner forearm, below where the arm bends. Is it safe to do liposuction in an area where there are nerves. Does liposuction affect nerve tissues or does it just "vaccuum" fat?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2013
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

For a localized lipoma, liposuction should be safe to consider.

Mysticdoc :

Liposuction can however affect the nerves sometimes.

Mysticdoc :

But this is a small risk.

Mysticdoc :

Hence, liposuction should be ok for lipoma removal.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Mysticdoc : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Mysticdoc : Hi there,
Mysticdoc : For a localized lipoma, liposuction should be safe to consider.
Mysticdoc : Liposuction can however affect the nerves sometimes.
Mysticdoc : But this is a small risk.
Mysticdoc : Hence, liposuction should be ok for lipoma removal.
Mysticdoc : Best wishes,
This is the link to my profile:
Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist