Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

How does Xanax stay in your system? what effects can it have

how long does Xanax stay in your system? what effects can it have on the liver, kidneys etc.?
RickMD :

Hi. My name is***** completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

RickMD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications other than xanax?

RickMD :

How much xanax do you take and for how long have you been taking it?

RickMD :

What makes you concerned about your liver and kidneys?

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I will switch to Q&A format. This format works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)
RickMD : Hi. My name is***** completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
RickMD : Do you have any medical problems or take any medications other than xanax?
RickMD : How much xanax do you take and for how long have you been taking it?
RickMD : What makes you concerned about your liver and kidneys?
Thank you for your question:

Xanax has a relatively short duration of action, however the metabolites of Xanax can be detected in urine for up to 5 days.

Please let me know if you need more information on this question.
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years