Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I've had some pain in my left testicle for a few weeks now

Hi ***** had some pain in my left testicle for a few weeks now It comes and goes. Last fall I had the same issue but it was more severe my doc sent me for an ultra sound and they found I had a moderate varicocele but that it was something I shouldn't worry about. I was sent for a urine test but it came back with no results however I was prescribed some antibiotics for what was thought to be an infected prostate.
The pain went away however since then I have had almost no sex drive and now the pain has come back but not as bad. It seems to be worse at night when I go to bed
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Were you seen by a urologist?
Do you take any medications or have any medical problems?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was just seen by my family doctor he didn't send me to a anyone else
I'm not on any medications. I take a Dailey multi vitamin is all. I drink lots and lots of water as well as I have an active Job
The only other thing medically wrong with me is numerous cysts in my left rotator cuff.
I hope this helps
Jake
Jake,
Thanks for that extra information. It is very helpful :)
I think, at this point, it is time to thank your family doc for all his help and seek advice from a true expert in this area: A urologist.
From what you have posted, it seems that your GP is just treating you with the hopes that things will get better --without really having any idea of what is going on.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help dr Rick
I guess my next step will be finding a urologist
Thank you again
Have a good day
That sounds like an excellent plan.
Have a good evening.
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Hi Jake,
I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you have had a chance to consult with a urologist yet.
I hope things are already getting better.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Have a good day.
Dr. Rick MD FACS