911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

I m curentlty taking Seroquel and klonapin to help with my

I m curentlty taking Seroquel and klonapin to help with my tinnitus................can i also take melotonin at night to help with sleep???
i take the seroquel at night and the klonapin 2 times a day .5 mg
911DOC :

Hello

911DOC :

Off the cuff, yes.... but let me run a check.

911DOC :

stand by

911DOC :

so the first thing is that you are having trouble sleeping on two very sedating drugs... both klonopin and seroquel are sedating.

911DOC :

the addition of melatonin may or may not help with your sleep and the only warning given is for 'additive efffects' meaning that taking melatonin may make you MORE drowsy, which, in your case, seems to be what you are looking for

911DOC :

If you have not done so already I would definitely check with your primary care provider about your sleep problem as you seem to have insomnia in spite of the medication you are on

911DOC :

and it would be good for him/her to make sure there are no underlying causes

911DOC :

but yes, you may take the melatonin

911DOC :

standing by

Customer:

not having trouble sleeping. i use white noise to mask my tinnitus and it does pretty good.......im just trying to figure ways to help lessen the humming in my head., not just at night but during day...........have read that melotonin would help do that

911DOC :

then there is no harm in taking it though from an MD perspective there is onlyl anecdotal (he said, she said) evidence that it will help.

911DOC :

Won't hurt to try.

911DOC :

standing by

Customer:

ok. thanks i thik i will give it a try.

911DOC :

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. Should you need my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc only’.

Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Be Well

911Doc