How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend had a prostate infection 8 month ago or so and

This answer was rated:

my boyfriend had a prostate infection 8 month ago or so and his left testicle was really achy. he lost all sex drive as well. he now is having the same problem again.. could it be something more than just an infection?


Welcome to and thank you for your question.I'm so sorry to hear of his discomfort.

I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

What do you mean by he is having the 'same' problem now?

Has he undergone any tests now?

Has he consulted the doctor now?

Kind Regards

Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well its his left testicle again that is really achy and to the point where it will bring him to his knees

he had done just basics tests checking for STD's

he has to wait 2 weeks before he can get in to see his doctor

Dear *****,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
Loss of sex drive can be due to various causes: suboptimal amounts of testosterone in the body,stress and anxiety,depression,too much alcohol consumption,some medical conditions like cardiovascular disease,diabetes,certain medications like anti depressants,changes in hormone levels.
The severe pain you have described in your boy friend's left testicle can be due to Infection or inflammation like epididymitis(inflammation of the epididymitis-a duct through which sperm leaves the testicle) or orchitis(inflammation of a testicle with bacteria or a virus).
This pain does not seem to be due to prostate infection & I think he needs to get it checked at Emergency Room(ER).He needs ultrasound of the testicles,complete urine examination and other tests.
So for confirmation,I advice your boyfriend to consult doctor at ER to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Hi Marisa
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Have your boy friend consulted the doctor ?
What was final diagnosis made?
Let me know,