Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Dr bray. Havent had a since sunday. Sunday i had diarrhea.

Dr bray. Havent had a bm...
Dr bray.
Havent had a bm since sunday. Sunday i had diarrhea. Then nothing since. Thursday night took two laxitivrs and a suppository and still nothing
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2013
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

What laxatives have you tried so far?

Anthony Bray MD :

I often recommend Miralax in a situation such as yours...

Anthony Bray MD :

Do you have abdominal pain or distension??

Anthony Bray MD :

If you have severe pain or distension then i would advise that you go to the ER (pain so bad that you can't sleep)

Anthony Bray MD :

You may benefit to try one or two Fleet's enemas to get relief especially if you have much discomfort...

Customer: Bisacodyl 5mg. Took two of those on thursday. And dud a glycerin suppositiry. Took 2 more laxitives tonighg. Yes to the abdominal pain
Anthony Bray MD :

Well with the abdominal pain you may find quicker relief to try one to two Fleet's enemas...

Anthony Bray MD :

If no relief with those and pain greater than 6/10 (can't sleep) then you may want to be checked at ER to rule out obstruction or pseudo-obstruction...

Customer: How long do i give the enemas to
Customer: work
Anthony Bray MD :

It should not take long for them to act>> allow maybe an hour or a bit longer...

Customer: Can i check in with you in an hour to let you know if it worked?
Anthony Bray MD :

Sure that will be fine!

Anthony Bray MD :

I will be online next few hours...

Anthony Bray MD :

Just let me know anytime if you have further information or questions and I will be happy to get back with you!

Customer: I did it and only verg little came out. It made myvpain worse
Anthony Bray, MD
Only very little came out. Pain increased

Hello again,

I would try a second and also try taking a dose of Miralax with 8 ounces of water tonight. If you have too much pain then don't hesitate to go to ER> take care of yourself as you need to!!

I hope this helps! I hope that you feel better soon! Take Care!!

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor