Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What are the symptoms of a cracked/torn testicle? When I was

sleeping last night I rolled...
What are the symptoms of a cracked/torn testicle? When I was sleeping last night I rolled over funny and my testicle was pinned underneath me for a few seconds. I stayed up almost all night worrying that something was wrong. There is no swelling, dicoloration, or pain, everything looks normal. I am worrying myself to death over this please help
6/10/2013
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
What is your age?
Have you noticed any changes in scrotum?
Do you have numbness/ pain in testes?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

im 20

no changes in scrotum

no pain or numbness

I have had testicular torsion that was fixed with an operation and epiditimis (Spelling?) so I am very aware of my testicles and yes I have anxiety issues

Dear *****, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Some of the common symptoms associated with Testicular Injury are-
•Nausea
•Bruising or discoloration of the scrotum
•Swelling of the scrotum
•Blood in the urine
•Difficulty in urination
•Fever
•Severe pain
Testicular rupture may cause such symptoms, and should be checked by doctor.
Such symptoms occur immediately after injury.
As per your description, you don’t have any such injury.
You are just taking stress and worrying. No need to get panic and take stress for serious issue. You are absolutely healthy.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

it has been 10 hours and everything looks normal do I have anything to worry about? My anxiety keeps telling me something is wrong even though everything looks normal, if something was wrong with my testicles would it be obvious/ really painful? I just need to be sure.

Patrick, Thanks for asking follow up question.
As it has been 10 hours, and there are no associated symptoms, So i would not panic for serious issue.
Yes, if there was some problem with testes, then pain and swelling should be immediate. Also you would have painful urination.
No need to get panic or take stress for serious issue.
There is nothing wrong, You are absolutely healthy.
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor