Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Would one be able to pick a lymph node off of their elbo?

6/10/2013
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Customer: Yes
Dr. P Jyoti :

hello.. just to clarify.. you are asking whether a lymph node can be removed from the elbow?

Customer: By picking it off by me
Customer: ?
Customer: it looked like a bump
Dr. P Jyoti :

you want to take if off yourself?

Customer: by my elbow I scratched it off
Dr. P Jyoti :

well, then that wasnt a lymph node

Customer: pis tha possible or was it something else?
Dr. P Jyoti :

you cant scratch off a lymph node

Customer: ok good
Dr. P Jyoti :

that would be a wart

Dr. P Jyoti :

a wart is a viral infection

Customer: a wart?
Dr. P Jyoti :

a wart is most likely

Dr. P Jyoti :

also a skin tag

Dr. P Jyoti :

nothing to worry about here

Customer: or maybe a bruise?
Dr. P Jyoti :

you do not have to do anything but do just keep a watch on that area

Dr. P Jyoti :

yes, it could have been just a scab also

Dr. P Jyoti :

a scab forms over a minor cut

Dr. P Jyoti :

this can be scratched off easily

Dr. P Jyoti :

so dont worry about this

Dr. P Jyoti :

keep a watch on the area

Customer: Ok it was a lump like a boil
Dr. P Jyoti :

if you see something else again, have it seen to by a doctor this time

Customer: i scratched it off.
Dr. P Jyoti :

a wart seems likely then

Dr. P Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P Jyoti :

if it was a wart there is a chance it could recur again

Customer: i have swollen nodes in my neck with other symtoms
Dr. P Jyoti :

so if you see something in the area again, show your doctor for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

but no other cause to worry for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

Are you satisfied with my answer? Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.

Customer: just wanted to make its not a lymph mode
Customer: ok thanks
Dr. P Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD