Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a fullness feeling in the left side of my abdomen

Hello - I have a...
Hello - I have a fullness feeling in the left side of my abdomen just under my rig cab closer to the side of my abdomen vs the middle. It is worse when I lay down. It's not painful. Any idea what could be causing this?
6/9/2013
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-
Do you have nausea or gas in abdomen?
Do you feel pain or radiating discomfort going to back?
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Any other associated symptoms?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
No other symptoms or medications - about two weeks. It comes and goes
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
It can be due to Gas in abdomen or constipation.
This would cause fullness in left side of abdomen.
You need to make some dietary changes along with medications.
Avoid chocolate, fatty foods, coffee, and alcoholic beverages.
Avoid beans, cabbage, and carbonated beverages. If you are overweight,loose some weight.
You should avoid smoking( if you do)
You should always drink up to eight glasses of water a day.
You should remain away from stress and anxiety. Start practicing Yoga and meditation. Deep breathing exercises and relaxation techniques will be helpful.
Also you should eat meals at least 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.
Take Syp. Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.
Take Zantac 150mg twice a day.
A healthy diet is very necessary to be free from such symptoms.
Kindly follow these above measures. In case, if your condition doesn't improve, then a clinical examination and tests should be done for diagnosis.
It includes- Ultrasound of abdomen, Urine test, Complete blood count.
For the time, please follow measures as advised above. And use Wait and Watch approach.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor