Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Is this a cold or my allergies? I have been feeling weird

Is this a cold or my allergies? I have been feeling weird lately as of hot one minute then back to normal temp the next and I do have allergies, no coughing but I experience headaches where the beack of my scalp is. Sudafed does help but I don't know if it is helping in a good way or just subsiding the problem.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
What is your age?
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Have you taken antibiotics?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

since monday and I get a wave a nausea now and then. could it be stress, I have been working six days a weeks for a while. I took a alka selzer night time cold medicine to see if that would help but it just put me to sleep. I did keep clearing my throat all day and was drinking alot of water today.

Dear Allison,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
The symptoms you have described can be due to sinusitis.The sinuses become congested and can become infected, a condition called sinusitis.It usually occurs after a cold due to bacteria and viruses infecting the lining of the sinuses.
The treatment varies from:
-Non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs(NSAID's),oral or/and nasal decongestants.
-Afrin is a brand of nasal spray used to ease nasal congestion that is available over-the-counter.The generic name for this medication is Oxymetazoline hydrochloride.
-Neti pot will help you greatly.It is done for nasal irrigation & to clear away crusting in the nasal passages.
-Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.
-Antihistamine medication (allergy medication)
-Keep a humidifier running in your room.
-Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.
Antibiotics may be prescribed if the bacterial infection is confirmed.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you for your business!
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert