Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Im not sure if i sprained my ankle or if its fractured. i

im not sure if i sprained my ankle or if its fractured. i stepped on an unlevel ground and rolled it pretty good, i hurd a pop but i have bad joints. i went back to work as usual, climbing ladders, crawling under sinks, ect. after a nice long car ride it got a little sore, again i started working again climbing ladders and what not. i came home its sore probably a 6-10 while standing on it. i can wiggle my toes stand on the ankle put weight on it ect. it is sore under my arch and on the side. no bruising just minor swelling. no pain after its at rest.
DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also.

DR HASAN :

I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. If you were able to walk after that trauma and you were able to put weight on that ankle then fracture is not likely. It is more likely to be a muscular or ligament strain.

DR HASAN :

I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you should rest your ankle, avoid putting weight on it.

DR HASAN :

OTC tab aleve twice daily helps too.

DR HASAN :

Massage of the area with OTC bengay gel and then application of crepe bandage over the area will be helpful.

DR HASAN :

Make sure that you keep your affected leg elevated specially while sleeping with the help of a pillow.

DR HASAN :

Hopefully in one to two days you will feel much better.

DR HASAN :

If symptoms persist then see your doctor but hopefully will not be required.

DR HASAN :

Any question?

Customer:

thats what i was thinking but wanted a docs advise before going to the ER. like i said i took a shower and it felt pretty good so muscle is the first thing that came to mind. anything else i should look for. honestly after i rolled it i went right back to work and the pain was almost non existent.

DR HASAN :

You thought right. It's not fracture because in that case you should have got severe pain immediately.

DR HASAN :

You just need to follow my advise regarding resting your ankle, elevation massage with bengay, crepe bandage and elevation with a pillow and you will be feel much better soon.

DR HASAN :

Probably you over exerted and injury got aggravated.

Customer:

sweet! thanks for the help!

DR HASAN :

I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can come back here to ask anything. I will be glad to help you always.