Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Can you catch slap face disease - parvovirus B19?

hi
DR HASAN : HI
DR HASAN : Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also.
DR HASAN : Can you elaborate your question?
DR HASAN : Do you have any symptoms like pain in hand, wrist, knee or ankle joints?
DR HASAN : Any body rash?
Customer: hi doc, no its not me.. you know my history, chrohns etc.. my niece was diagnosed with it and her rash has gone but she is still itchy and she wants to visit me because I broke a couple of bones in my foot and had it casted today
Customer: is it ok to see her? is she still contagious?
DR HASAN : Yes i was wondering that why you are asking this.
DR HASAN : Thanks for the clarification.
DR HASAN : I am sorry to hear about her also.
DR HASAN : Since how long she has this?
Customer: she was diagnosed about a week ago
Customer: when her rash was evident..
DR HASAN : Does she has any other diagnosed medical problem?
Customer: no she is only 17
DR HASAN : Fine.
DR HASAN : Thanks for the information.
DR HASAN : If the rash has appeared and now there it has gone, she is no more contagious.
DR HASAN : So she can visit you.
DR HASAN : Once the rash start appearing, the contagiousness of the parvo virus go away.
DR HASAN : So it's safe for you if she visit you.
DR HASAN : People who have other problems like immunocompromised diseases remain contagious for long but since she is healthy, she is no more contagious.
DR HASAN : Any question?
Customer: you there?
DR HASAN : yes
DR HASAN : have you read my answer.
Customer: no
DR HASAN : Let me paste here again.
Customer: did not receive
Customer: ok
DR HASAN : If the rash has appeared and now there it has gone, she is no more contagious.So she can visit you.Once the rash start appearing, the contagiousness of the parvo virus go away.So it's safe for you if she visit you.People who have other problems like immunocompromised diseases remain contagious for long but since she is healthy, she is no more contagious.
DR HASAN : You got it now?
Customer: thank you
DR HASAN : You are welcome.
Customer: good night doc
DR HASAN : My best wishes for your niece.
DR HASAN : Good night.
DR HASAN : :)
Customer: thank you
DR HASAN : You are always welcome and thank you for your confidence in me..
DR HASAN : please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.