Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I recently switched my hrt from testim 1% 5g gel/daily to

200mg/ml inject 1ml every two...
I recently switched my hrt from testim 1% 5g gel/daily to 200mg/ml inject 1ml every two weeks. I got injected 11 days ago and I am feeling down, depressed. Is it possible to have a drop off in 11 days? I also started 1mg of Arimidex per my endocrinologist 5 days ago. I have read that test. cypionate has an 8 day half life. How many injections does it take to get to a steady state? I don't understand the pharmacokinetics of this.
5/23/2013
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
When is your next injection of cypionate scheduled?
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Next injection is scheduled for 5/25. I was off all testosterone supplementation about 2 months ago due to insurance. I was off for 3 weeks from Axiron. I felt the same feelings after a few weeks being off the Axiron.
Besides the low t, depression/anxiety. I am taking Fluoxetine, Adderall, Klonopin, Arimidex, plus the testosterone.
I was thinking about going back on the testim until I can discuss with my doctor.
Jim,
Going back on the testim sounds like a good idea.
If something has a 8 day halflife, you would expect a steady state to be obtained after about 5 half lives.
It sounds like you are in good hands with your current endocrinologist.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD