How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8575
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My right shoulder bicep arm are very achy and weak ..mostly

This answer was rated:

My right shoulder bicep arm are very achy and weak ..mostly it does feel like muscle strain but what can I do?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details.

Since how long you have this?

Do you feel any neck pain?

Any numbness or tingling in that arm?

Do you have any diagnosed medical problem and any medications you are on?

Have you seen doctor for this? Any tests done?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1 -2 months, No tingling, have not seen a doctor and have no meds other than over the counter..It comes and goes and I have no neck pain...mainly shoulder
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. There can be few causes for your problem. This can be a muscular problem itself or can be related to some nerve compression in the cervical spine or locally in the shoulder. Muscular weakness makes nerve compression more likely but we cannot be sure without tests. But I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations if advil is not helping, the strongest OTC choice is tab Aleve twice daily. Massage of the area with OTC Bengay gel and application of hot water bottle over the area helps too. You should try to exercise the area as much as you can but to the extent where you don't feel pain. You should see your doctor whenever possible to get further testing like Xray, CT scan etc to get to the cause. Ideally you should see orthopedic doctor but you can start with your PCP. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Dr. Hasan and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you