Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Main Cause of Concern: My daughter has tiny blister-like

Main Cause of Concern:...
Main Cause of Concern: My daughter has tiny white blister-like sores on the back of the throat. I have a picture if I can figure out how to upload it.
Patient Info: Female, age 22, Down syndrome, Pulse 74, She doesn't feel fever, no sore throat
Should I take her to the Emergi-Care center today or will it wait for an appointment on Monday? I'm thinking it could be strep. ?
5/19/2013
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Does she has any symptoms like fever, pain etc? You can upload the photo by clicking insert image icon on the box where you are writing your reply. Regards

Dr. Hasan, Thank you for taking our question.
My daughter, Bridgitte, is in pretty good health. She has hypothyroidism and takes Synthroid 50 mg once a day. Her other medication is Claritan for allergies.
She isn't in pain and doesn't feel hot to the touch, but our thermometer battery died and I can't tell you if she has a low-grade fever.
She is eating normally and says her throat doesn't hurt. Her only symptoms are
1. the small (maybe 2mm?) white blister-like bumps on her throat
2. the back of her throat is red - inflamed.
3. She is unusually tired and "clingy/whiny"
I cannot find any Insert Image Icon on the reply or anywhere else. Do you have an email at Just Answer where I could send it?
Thanks, Ruth
Thanks a lot for your input.

Write this in google "how to insert image in justanswer"

The first video will tell you how to upload an image.

As far as your question is concerned, there is no need for going to emergency room. This sounds like a viral pharyngitis and that bump is probably a lymphatic band in throat. Examination can determine the exact cause but i can say this by confidence that in the absence of any high fever (higher than 101) and pain, there is no need to go to ER. You can just go on Monday.

Once you have inserted the image, i will respond. You can contact justanswer customer services for this also. I am an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist myself and reassure you not to worry.

I wish all the best to your daughter, Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor