How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rolled my ankle earlier tonight and it hurts like heck in

This answer was rated:

I rolled my ankle earlier tonight and it hurts like heck in my ankle part my foot and toes I am elevating and icing it and took two aleve but its not helping what else should I do
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?
Have you noticed redness/ swelling or discoloration in ankle?
Are you able to walk?
Numbness in leg?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its past a ten its sore but no swelling or anything and it hurts to walk on and there is numbness in foot only and it hurts to wiggle my toes


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it's past ten no swelling or anything else just can't walk or wiggle toes at all very painful

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information. I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

It could be hair line fracture. It can also be indicative of small tendon injury. A through clinical examination is must for accurate diagnosis.

You may need X-ray/ MRI scan of affected part.
You may need Ace or other elastic bandage as it can provide both support and decrease pain.
You may need stronger anti-inflammatory pills for quick recovery.

Also If required doctor can advise for- Steroid pill, or painkiller medications.Also to reduce inflammation you need to go for various modalities of physical therapy , it includes - Infra red therapy, Wax therapy, Short wave diathermy. These will decrease pain and inflammation.

At this time, i would suggest that you should not delay and rush to ER ASAP for management.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Dr. Robert and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you