Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Is there any scientific medical research about effectiveness

Hello! Is there any scientific...
Hello! Is there any scientific medical research about effectiveness of L-Carnitine for athletes?
5/9/2013
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
RickMD :

Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.

RickMD :

No. This has not really been studied in a scientific way.

RickMD :

But, there are many people who use it and find it to be very beneficial. Also there have been almost no reports of adverse reactions when it is used as directed.

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

RickMD :

Where in the Russian Federation are you located? I am in the Midwest of USA

Customer:

Thank you! May be one more thing. I was told after my last ECG that I had left ventricle hypertrophy. Is that bad if I am going to gym or something? I am from Sakhalin, island just north to Japan )

RickMD :

I see you have asked a number of questions and had them answered yet you have not given positive feedback. Did you know that if you do not give positive feedback, the expert does not get any compensation for helping you?

RickMD :

That is a very good question. In general, exercise would be good for your heart. I would discuss with your cardiologist at what level and what type of exercise would be best for you.

RickMD :

I'll have to look it up on Google.....the internet sure does make the world a smaller place, eh?

Customer:

Yes, I know that. I do give feedback, but may be not to each and every answer in one conversation

Customer:

Yeah )) Thats the biggest island in Russia

RickMD :

You only need to give it at the end of the conversation.

RickMD :

You don't type with a Russian accent lol!

Customer:

lmao ))) that ain't New York accent as well ))

Customer:

RickMD :

I did train in NYC though.... :)

Customer:

Yeah , I can see that )

RickMD :

It is nice to talk to someone on the other side of the world :)

RickMD :

How do you like living in Russia?

RickMD :

I know we are kinda off the topic of your question lol!

Customer:

Is the chat service new here? I didn't use it here before... Well, you don't choose your parents and your motherland, so I love it here ))

Customer:

that's perfectly ok )

RickMD :

I fully understand that :) I would like to visit someday.....

RickMD :

So many places to experience in the world, and such a short lifetime to do it in.

RickMD :

Well, I'm very glad we are no longer pointing nuclear tipped rockets at each other.....

Customer:

you won't be disappointed if you manage to. Yeah, sometimes I also think I'd want 30 hours in a day ))

RickMD :

Exactly!

Customer:

Nukes are the only stuff that keeps peace on this poor planet, so they are not too bad little things ))

Customer:

in a way ))

RickMD :

Ya....the world is not a friendly place no matter how much we like to tell ourselves it is....gotta be ready to defend your family and country.

RickMD :

Anyway, have we covered everything you set out to ask before we got sidetracked?

Customer:

Umm, yeah. This hypertrophy thing worries me a bit as it is the first time i was told so and wasn't told anything specific to do or not to do

Customer:

looks like it is of earlier grade or something but still

RickMD :

There really isn't anything to do other then treat any underlying cause that may have contributed to it. From what you have posted, it doesn't seem like yours is too severe.

RickMD :

There are many drugs that can help. Here is an excellent web site that goes over this in detail:

Customer:

thank you!

RickMD :

My pleasure. I hope you have a great day and a peaceful weekend.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer:

Yes, for sure. Thanks!

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD