How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8623
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had joint pain for years arrising from neck and lower

This answer was rated:

I have had joint pain for years arrising from neck and lower back injury. Now I am getting all the symptoms of
rheumatoid arthritis without much swelling. All I get is more and more painkillers, refusal to see a specialist yet.
Hello, I am Dr.Kumar, an experienced internist and infectious diseases specialist, and I will be glad to assist you today.
Welcome to JA.
It would help me answer you better if you could provide some additional information.
Has your primary doctor diagnosed you with rheumatoid arthritis?
Have you had blood work like ESR, CRP, anti CCP, and RA factor to confirm?
What are your symptoms? How long have you been having these?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1. Symptoms for 20 yrs getting worse with each flare up.
2.Did have some blood tests showed blood count [?] 8 not 12.

3.Have gum disease over the last 5 yrs and lost several teeth.

4.Because there is very little swelling around joints yet, I can't

see a specialist apparently.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to know if I should see a specialist privately.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Never got an answer.
HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I am sorry that you have not been to get answer so far. I am going to address your primary concern and later you can ask anything else you want. Yes you need to see a specialist. If your primary doctor is refusing, you can see a specialist privately because your symptoms are consistent with rheumatoid arthritis. Although without proper tests we cannot get to the cause but pain killers are never a permanent solution. Please see a rheumatologist and hopefully once a diagnosis is made and treatment is given, you can get relief from the symptoms. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8623
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Dr. Hasan and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer, very reassuring, do I have to be

referred by my Dr. To a specialist if I go privately?

Thanks for your input. If you visit privately referral is not necessary. However you can ask your gp for a private referral also. I am sending an excellent link for your help.
I hope this helps you.