Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Doc. I recently seen my family dr.in philadelphia. I

Doc. I recently seen my family dr.in philadelphia. I explained to her that my neck swells up everytime I eat. She examimed me and said its my parotid gland swollen due to salvia secretions when I eat because I have an infection. So she ordered me a z-pack. That didn't seem to work. It stop swollen up for a few days then started right back up. I told her that it didn't stop so she ordered me cipro 500mg x2 daily for 10 days ..I only have a day left of the medicine and my next swell up today even worse. Plus It seems like I always have light sore throat..anyway. now I am on vacation in florida and I am not going home to see her anytime soon..what do you think is wrong with me and what should I do or who should I see if anynody. Thanks for your time. Anthony from philly
RickMD :

Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.

RickMD :

You most likely have a stone causing a partial blockage of your salivary duct. This is called sialolithiasis.

RickMD :

Treatment involves locating and removing the stone, by any of a number of methods.

RickMD :

To answer your question directly, you need to see an ENT doctor. I am sure they have them in Philadelphia.

RickMD :

The antibiotics will not cure things until the blockage is removed.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

RickMD says:
11:11 PM
11:12 PM
11:13 PM
11:14 PM
11:14 PM
11:15 PM
Does this make sense to you?
11:15 PM
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS