How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Das, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2258
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Das, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sweling on my back at the middle of my shoulder and

This answer was rated:

I have a sweling on my back at the middle of my shoulder and my waist at the left side, for about one year; my doctor ordered a x-ray and the diagnosis was escoliosis, but the doctor said that is not the cause. I feel pain only when I press my back against the chair or the bed. I'm 69 years old, working as a maintenance supervisor; 50% of the time on my desk and 50% walking an working with my hands. Is there a therapy for this? My height is 5' 6" and my weight 133 lb

Welcome and thank you for the question.

Did the doctor tell you what he thinks is the cause of the swelling?

Do you have any difficulty or pain in bending over or in movment of your body?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He said is a muscular contraction. I can bend or move OK the pain is wen I press my back

Thank you for your additionall informaiton.

A muscular contraction would not cause a lump to form in the back. Also a muscular contraciton would pain, especially when you move or bend. Pressure on a contraction generally does not cause pain.

Scoliosis, as you probably already know, is a condition in which the spine is curved to one side. This curvature shows up in an xray and if the x ray says that you have scoliosis, then that is probably what you do have.

Scoliosis may not cause any symptoms. If it does, it is usually seen a a lump in the back or uneven musculature.

Please consult another doctor, preferably an orthopedic specialist, for a second opinion.

I hope this helps.
Dr. Das, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you