Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Both me and my husband started having migraine after moving

from Las Vegas to Miami...
Both me and my husband started having migraine after moving from Las Vegas to Miami. Can Migraine caused by environmental reasons?
We eat quiet clean, and I practice yoga regularly. Over all, our health is good. Except I am not sure the cause and reasons for our chronic migraine now. It usually gets worse and worse later during the day.
thank you
Ada
5/5/2013
Camille-Mod

My name is ***** ***** I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

I would wait.

Thank you ….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the professionals from accessing your question. You will receive an email when your professional has responded. If you want to cancel, please let me know, and I will do that for you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Environmental factors trigger migraine in a small minority of migraine patients.Changes in temperature,humidity,change of location,winds and storms,travelling ,can all trigger migraine.Changer in barometric pressure,extremely cold or humid weather,very dry and dusty weather may trigger headaches.Increased or bright /flickering lights(sunlight reflections/movies/television),intense smells,increase in sound intensity can all trigger migraines in sensitive people.Increase in stress because of change in location and alteration in daily routine can also trigger stress and headaches.Settling i a new location will also cause some stress and may add to other factors to trigger migraine attacks.
http://www.headaches.org/education/Headache_Topic_Sheets/Environmental_%2526_Physical_Factors is a site which gives more information.
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor