How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Das, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2258
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Das, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had knee surgery 10 weeks ago thry took out a cyst on the

This answer was rated:

I had knee surgery 10 weeks ago thry took out a cyst on the meniscus and said I have a few areas grade 3 and 4 arthritis. I had an xray on my thigh hip and mri 4 weeks ago said I had a tumor the mri said it was a bone island I measured my left thigh at 16.5 inches and my right thigh is 21.5 inches my right thigh is retaining fluid I have high bp and also recently diagnosed hypothyroid and taking celebrex and synthroid 50mcg tablets also taking zanaflex as
my muscles thru my whole body have been
twitching non stop...I also have a foul watery
discharge from my rectum especially when im
active. I also have costochondritis.... what
doctor should I see my knee doc said see
someone who deals with autoimmune disease
as my mom can no longer walk due to sever swolen legs and she has the same smelly watery liquid except it comes from sores on her legs..what could I have and what type of doctor should I see

Welcome and thank you for your question.

You do seem to have symptoms in various systems of your body.

A bone island is a benign growth in the bone marow due to overgrowth of bone or catilage cells. it generally causes no problems and requires no treatment.

But the foul watery discharge from the rectum needs to be investigated - you need a stool test as well as a colonoscopy. You may even need a barium enema.

The differece in thickness of teh thighs need to be estimated by a professional - a proper measurement will help in diagnosing if you do have fluid retention. Fluid retention usally occurs first around the ankles and then higher up in the legs.

.Please see an internla medicine specialist first - he/she will be able to order a number of tests like tests for the liver, stool test a complete blood tests etc and also a general checkup to identify the medical condition you are suffering from. You will also be referred to the appropriate specialist.

I hope this helps.
Dr. Das, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you