Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Could I speak to a Family Med doctor?

Could I speak to a Family Med doctor?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/27/2013
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Welcome to justanswer.com.I will do whatever I can to help answer your question.
Please provide me complete details about your medical problem.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Hi Dr Robert, thank you for taking the time to listen.
First of all, I realize I have a pretty serious case of Health Anxiety and I am seeking treatment for that. I see a psychologist for the 2nd time next week. Also, per his recommendation, I am getting a Physical from my Family Doctor Monday.
This past week had been particularly rough for me for some reason. I have been all over the board thinking I have brain cancer and then stomach cancer.
Now usually getting out and getting some fresh air usually helps, but yesterday, towards the end of my hour walk I started getting lightheaded and eventually nauseated by the time i arrived home. I think it was anxiety related but this also happened to me 3 weeks ago. Its really only been those two cases. I walk my dogs all the time and usually without issue. I had a particular hard workout at the gym the day prior with no issue as well. I got to believe if I had a real physical issue it would present itself more frequently, but the worry in me wonders if there could be anything to this.
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I need a little more information-
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Have you got checked your blood pressure level?
What is your present blood sugar level?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
No I do not have any current medical conditions. My last checkup had normal blood pressure and blood sugar results.
Dear Greg, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I understand your problem. It can due to any of these possibilities-
-Low blood sugar level
-Change in blood pressure level
-Thyroid disorder
-Inner ear issue (the inner ear is responsible for balance ) like Ménière disease.
- Neurological conditions
To make a diagnose, you need to undergo few tests -
-Blood sugar test,
-Blood pressure monitoring,
-Thyroid function test,
-Complete blood count.
-Ear examination- ear should be checked for inner ear problem.
Sometimes dizziness can be due to problem related with heart rhythm or brain problem but usually less often
If all tests are normal, then possible cause for your symptoms is anxiety disorder.
The line of treatment is- medications, and specific forms of psychotherapy. Medications like- sertraline (Zoloft) and paroxetine (Paxil),lorazepam (Ativan). One should avoid caffeine, alcohol.
You should get engaged in aerobic exercise and stress-management techniques like deep breathing and yoga.
A thorough clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Hello.
How are you doing? Let me know if you have any more follow up questions.
Thank you and take care.
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor