DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I've got some irritation on the edge of my penis. It feels

I've got some irritation on the edge of my penis. It feels like its on the edge of the urethra. It doesn't hurt all the time, but seems worse right before or have to go to the restroom. It doens't burn when I urinate, maybe a litte at first but then its fine. I was concerned about STDs but I haven't seen any blisters, bumps or anything out of the ordinary. No drainage or cloudy urine. No smell. This has been going on for over a month now. It does seem like some stinging or whatever when my clothes rub against it. I was checked for clymydia and ghonneria but came back negative. Was worried about herpes, but like I said no blisters even after a month. When I got checked they thought maybe it was jock itch.Just not sure what's going on.
Hello from JA
Great question.
This can simply be irritation.

It can also be prostate inflammation that causes pain here.
Often this can be non bacterial.

Best bet at this point..see a urologist to make sure that everything anatomiocal is OK.

Infection is not always the answer.

In cases of non bacterial inflammation, fluids, flax seed, quercitin, cornsilk tea, buckwheat tea and rye rhizome can be very helpful.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.