Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

i have a known umbilical hernia i cant get surgery for 9 months

i have a known umbilical hernia i cant get surgery for 9 months ihad a stent in dec. 2012i n my heartproblem i am getting abdominal pain supra pubic up thru hernia area i have vomited 2 times last few days. i get relief of pain and go on about my day.is my hernia needed to be fixed im worried about the above 9 months waiting time any advice

Vakul Aren :

Abdominal pain and vomiting in the presence of a hernia is suggestive of obstruction of the intestines.This needs to be checked up as a strangulated hernia or obstruction to a part of the intestines would need emergency surgery.It would be best to go to the ER and get this checked up.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am very satisfied with the answer i am on its ,, DR. ARUN . I was also interested in what problem may i face if i did need surgery with new stent. is it the plavix and aspirin