Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

What is the course of burning in the foot.

what is the course of burning in the foot.
Welcome and thank you for your question.
The main cause of burning in the foot is a compression or pinching of the nerve carrying sensation from that part of the foot - the nerve may be compressed anywhere in its path from the spinal cord to the foot. A spinal disc herniation or arthritis of the spinal bones may compress the nerves at the spinal root. Compression can also occur at the pelvic region by the ligaments and muscles at this region. Another point of compression is at the knee joint.
Pressure on the Sciatic nerve at the pelvic or hip region can cause a condition known as sciatica - a common cause for burning in the foot.
Other causes for burning in the foot are diabetic neuropathy or neuropathies due to other causes.
An MRI of the spine will help identify any spinal causes.
I hope this helps.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you assiting me,am not sleeping well at night i need your help please

Decilia,
You are welcome.