Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I woke up this morning with a off and on burning under my

Hello , I woke up this morning with a off and on burning under my right breast, tenderness between my shoulder blades that sometimes moves and tightens to the left, I did do a lot of housework yesterday and did not sleep well last night, I have COPD, and Costochodritis, do I need to have this looked at or could I have just pulled muscles
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Customer:

hello

RickMD :

It is possible that what you are experiencing is just a muscular ache and pain and you can watch it at home.

RickMD :

The only problem is that today is Friday...so if it gets worse over the next 48 hours you might be stuck having to go to the ER for treatment, which is time consuming and expensive.

RickMD :

So. Since you are the best judge of your body I'd suggest seeing how things progress this morning as you get up and about and, if it seems worse,maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to see your primary care MD just to be safe.

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today. Customer: hello
RickMD : It is possible that what you are experiencing is just a muscular ache and pain and you can watch it at home.
RickMD : The only problem is that today is Friday...so if it gets worse over the next 48 hours you might be stuck having to go to the ER for treatment, which is time consuming and expensive.
RickMD : So. Since you are the best judge of your body I'd suggest seeing how things progress this morning as you get up and about and, if it seems worse,maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to see your primary care MD just to be safe.
RickMD : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
RickMD : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so you don't think this is cardiac that my suggested it might be

Connie,
It might be cardiac....without an exam it is impossible for me to tell. But from what you have posted I do not think you need emergency treatment that is why I suggested you see how things go this morning...
Does this make sense to you?
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.