How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4154
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For the past several days I have had several lower right

This answer was rated:

Hello. For the past several days I have had several lower right side back pain. Mostly coming from the area right above the hip bone when I put my hand around my waist. I've been doing an awful lot of clicking on the computer with my right hand. I think that may have something to do with it. Also I've been under a lot of stress lately. Any ideas on how to get rid of the pain. Not bothering me when I'm sitting down. When I get up from sitting position and start walking.

The cause of such pain would be secondary to disease/dysfunction of the right hip joint ,may also occur when there is Sacroiliac joint disease like osteoarthritis ,and lastly due to spasm of the psoas or the pyriformis muscles.Tendonitis and strain of tendons and ligaments in the region may also cause such pain due to overuse.It would help if you did not stay in the sedentary position for long periods of time,getting up and walking around every 40-50 minutes would help.It would be best to talk to your PCP if the symptoms increase or persist.Use of antiinflammatory analgesic drugs like Ibubrufen(Motrin and Advil) may help till you see your doctor/orthopaedician. The pain definitely seems to be musculoskeletal in nature as the muscles of the lower back and hip joint are involved when going to standing position from sitting,as also when you start walking.You may need X-rays/CT scan or MRI scan of the lumbosacral spine and hip joint to rule out any spinal nerve root compression due to collapsed or herniated intervertebral discs and diseases of the hip joint like labral tears,bursitis,osteonecrosis or stress fractures of the femur and acetabulum.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is also possible for kidney stones. Looking up the symptoms on the internet, that is what it points to as well.

And I also have the chills along with it.

Renal infections or Pyelonephritis as well as kidney stones may present with acute pain in the flank area but would usually be accompanied by burning in urine and increased frequency of urination as well as nausea and vomiting.Since you have chills along with the pain,genitourinary tract infection is a definite possibility.The pain due to renal infection and urinary stone is usually in the lumbar region and radiates toward the testis or inner thigh.pain in the hip area and low back pain is usually secondary to musculoskeletal causes.A urine examination and a ultrasound scan of the bladder,ureter and kidney would help identify any infection or stone/obstruction.

Vakul Aren and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you