Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I got common cold/flu for 4th time during last 3 monthes,

i got common cold/flu for 4th time during last 3 monthes , now i am taking a lot of antihistamine for my sinus " diphenhydramine HCL " 25 mg almost 6 pills a day is it safe or normal to prevent sinus problems ?
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

The safe max daily dose is 400 to 600 mg/day in divided doses. As such, the amount you are taking is considered safe

RickMD :

That being said, it is unusual for you to have cold symptoms so frequently over the last 3 months....it makes me think that something else is going on.

RickMD :

I would suggest seeing your primary care MD, or even better yet, an ENT specialist for a complete exam. This way you might be able to correct a underlying issue that may causing your recurrent symptoms.

RickMD :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : The safe max daily dose is 400 to 600 mg/day in divided doses. As such, the amount you are taking is considered safe
RickMD : That being said, it is unusual for you to have cold symptoms so frequently over the last 3 months....it makes me think that something else is going on.
RickMD : I would suggest seeing your primary care MD, or even better yet, an ENT specialist for a complete exam. This way you might be able to correct a underlying issue that may causing your recurrent symptoms.
RickMD : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what else can be the problem other that flu

It could be a chronic sinus infection, allergies, even a number of systemic issues.
Without a full exam, I would only be guessing.....with your recurrent symptoms I think an evaluation by a MD is worthwhile at this point.
Does this make sense to you?
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.