Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Im a 37 yr old man I've been thanking about having a

circumcision revision done I've been...
Im a 37 yr old man I've been thanking about having a circumcision revision done I've been circumcied but I still have a Lot of exess skin I have had 2 different doctors bring it up in the passed but I don't see ether one any mor I would like to know a little of what it will be like the coust and how to bring it up to my current doctor and if you thank I should have it done
T
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2013
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

What type of problems are you having with your current circumcision? Were you first circumcised as a child or an adult?

RickMD :

Do you have any insurance or would you have to pay out of pocket?

RickMD :

At this point, do you just need excess foreskin removed or will reconstruction of your penis be necessary?

RickMD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : What type of problems are you having with your current circumcision? Were you first circumcised as a child or an adult?
RickMD : Do you have any insurance or would you have to pay out of pocket?
RickMD : At this point, do you just need excess foreskin removed or will reconstruction of your penis be necessary?
RickMD : Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
I was circumcied as a child . I do have isurance but it prob will not cover this typ of thang I will just need exess for skin removed . The only problemes I have are just exess skin and a ver noticeable scar line it's just kinda of a sloppy job I ges there is way mor skin on the bottom side of my penus than the top this is really just for my oun preference than medical need . The doctors that bout it up in the passed the first one a nerse said I should have it done when I was having a regular physical the doctor said it wasn't really needed if I didn't want to have it done . The second doctor kinda brout it up during a physical a few yrs later at the end of the exam she ask if I had any thing else I wanted to discuss and that was one of the topics that she mentioned.
Ok. Thank you for that extra data.
Of course, I would recommend that you have a urologist do the surgery for you as they are the true experts in this area.
The total costs depends on many factors. The surgery will be done as an outpatient (you would go home the same day) but, if it is done in a free standing surgery center, under local anesthesia the costs would be much less then if you had to be put asleep or had the procedure done in a hospital operating room.
The total cost, in a surgery center, under general anesthesia, for uncomplicated revision would be somewhere in the $2,000 to $4,500 range. This would include your pre-op visit and all post op care for 90 days.
If you would like to have this done, I do not see any reason, from a medical point of view, that it would be a problem. It is totally up to you.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD