How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HELP! I just had unprotected insertive anal sex with a

This answer was rated:

HELP! I just had unprotected insertive anal sex with a masseur(insertee) about 5 hours ago. What are my risks for getting HIV, that I am the inserter? Should I get PEP?
This would generally be considered a high-risk behavior. I do believe that most physicians would recommend PEP.

I would suggest an urgent evaluation in an ER or urgent care clinic that can prescribe PEP for you.
Family Physician and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where are you practicing? Southern California? I am not sure I can go to an Er and say I had unprotected sex with a masseur! If ure in SoCal, what hospital?
No - I do not practice in Southern California

You need to understand that this is not something that you should fear discussing with a physician.