Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Suddenly my tongue became red and is especially on the

Suddenly my tongue became red and is especially on the toe(the very front part). I would like to tell you that for the last 8 months i smoke electronic cigarette.

My name is ***** ***** I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

About 15 days ago my tongue began burning and the taste in my mouth was very bad.

Thank you….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you!Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille

When did your symptoms begin? Have they worsened? Any trouble swallowing or breathing?
Thank you for your question:

Nicotine delivery systems including E-cigarettes are often associated with burning of the tongue or mouth. This study of a nicotine mouth spray reported 35% of patients complained of burning of the tongue or throat.

From your original post, it would appear that you had been using the E-cigarettes for months before you started to experience these symptoms. Unfortunately, these products are not currently regulated by the FDA and there are reports of marked variation in the amount of nicotine delivered between different brands and even different lots of the same brand.
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years