Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I took a pill that was 60 mg dapoxetine... now I feel dizzy

and I just threw up...
I took a pill that was 60 mg dapoxetine... now I feel dizzy and I just threw up a lot.. what is wrong? and can I take a Xanax to calm me down?
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/26/2013
Thank you for your question:

Is this the first time you took this medication?

Are you taking any other medications?

What medical problems do you have?

YES 1ST TIME.. JUST XANAX.. BUT HAVNT TAKEN ANY XANAX TODAY

1ST TIME . I AM SWAETING.. I TAKE XANAX ON OCCASION

There are no specific interactions reported between these two medications. However, I am concerned that these symptoms could represent an allergic reaction.

I do believe the safest approach would be to go to an emergency room to get checked.
are u sure.. i feel a little better now. I was full when I took the pill.. so I got nervous while I was waiting to feel something. Now after throwing up and cooling off I feel a little better
can I take a xanax now, i just took pill a hour and half ago
Do you mean that you took a Xanax 1 1/2 hour ago?
no i took dapoxetine that long ago
There is no reported interaction between these two medications. Therefore, there is no specific reason you could not take Xanax that has been prescribed to you.
i feel like im having a bad panic attack more then anything that is why I ASK
I understand.... Without having your complete medical history and an opportunity to examine you, I can't really make a specific treatment recommendation. I hope you understand.

However, since you do have a valid prescription for the Xanax, and there is no reported interaction between these medications, I don't believe that there would be any reason why you could not use the Xanax.

If you are still having symptoms, you should of course contact your personal physician or go to the ER.
I think it was from eating too much and then taking pill combined with anxiety made me throw up. i feel so much better after throwing up. thank you for your help !!
Family Physician, Doctor