Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have pain in my upper stomach right below my solar plexus

I have pain in my upper stomach right below my solar plexus on both sides evenly, it hurts to put pressure on it or to get up from a laying down position or while turning side to side. I recently have gotten a touch of a cold and have some chest congestion ( minor ) but have never had abdominal pain go hand in hand with chest congestion in the past... It came on around the same time as the cold did though which was about a few days ago, any help or suggestions would be appreciated
Dr. Abid :

Hi there...

Customer:

Hello

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me do you have pain when you stretch the area?

Customer:

No

Dr. Abid :

Is it persistent or episodic?

Customer:

it seems persistent, but is more intense laying down or moving around while laying down and i don't really notice it standing or during the day but still feel that it is there and if i lay down, do a crunch, turn side to side or put pressure on it it gets worse

Dr. Abid :

Is it burning or dull type?

Customer:

tough to say but I believe it to be more dull than burning but when it hurts, i take notice

Customer:

on a scale from 1 to 10 right now it's barely a 1 but usually at night in bed or when i wake up in the middle of the night to toss or turn over it feels like a 5 until i settle back down...

Dr. Abid :

Thanks for info pain while lying down or while turning side is highly suggestive of muscluar pain it is neither because of acid or because of gall bladder issue,it will go away soon prevent extra stretch while lying down,over the counter Tab Tylenol will help you to overcome this pain.

Dr. Abid :

So donot worry ,nothing serious going on.

Customer:

do you think it has anything to do with chest congestion

Dr. Abid :

As pain is dull having no association with breathing so chances of pleuritic chest pain is highly unlikely,your symptoms and character of pain that is dull and relation with posture is highly likely of muscular pain.

Customer:

yeah it doesnt' hurt when i breathe at all

Customer:

I appreciate your help, makes me feel better and I will rest my abs

Dr. Abid :

Yes,so it is muscular highly likely.

Dr. Abid :

Regards ***** ***** you good health.Please leave positive feedback for me.

Dr. Abid :

Thanks.

Customer:

God Bless