Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

AM 61 YEARS OLD HAVE LARGE DEEP BLAKHEADS IN NOSE AND

AM 61 YEARS OLD HAVE LARGE DEEP BLAKHEADS IN NOSE AND SPREDING TO TZONE AREA HAVE TRIED ALOT OF TREATMENTS SOME EXPENSIVE SOME NOT. STILL NO RESULTS.
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

RickMD :

From what you have posted, it seems that you have already used some very powerful prescription therapies. I assume, therefore, that you have also used all the available home treatments.

RickMD :

Have you been examined by a dermatologist? If so, what did she say?

Customer:

No I havent seen a dematologist .

RickMD :

I'm afraid that any therapy I suggest, given what a good job you have done so far yourself, would involve a prescription or a physician intervention.

RickMD :

Is that what you are looking for?

Customer:

So you advice is to seek out a dermetoloist/

RickMD :

If you don't have millions of blackheads a comedone extractor can be very effective. This is a tool you can get from your MD for home use, although it is often used in the office setting

RickMD :

You may need a more extensive, deeper skin peel. This can only be safely done by an MD

RickMD :

It can involve pills, laser, light therapy, cryosurgery or even microdermabrasion.

RickMD :

There are a lot of options beyond what you have already tried....but they are only available through a dermatologist.

Customer:

yes I extract the blackheads but they return in a day or so.

RickMD :

The things that I can tell you to try, with chat as my only tool, you have already done.

Customer:

ok

RickMD :

Ok. That means it is time to get out the big guns........see a derm MD

RickMD :

I know you were hoping for more out of me, but I am sure you can understand since I can't see or touch you my "therapies' are limited.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Please accept my apologies for the technical problems we have experienced with the chat system today.

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.