Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have dull pain on my right side above the rib cage. It has

I have dull pain on my right side above the rib cage. It has been bothering me for sometime now. Could this be liver, gallbladder or pancreatic problems? I have tried almost everything but nothing seems to work. I have taken Milk Thistle, detox teas, I also take amberen for perimenopause, and nothing works. Also there is a strong pungent odour from my feet. My feet are not sweaty, just warm. The bottoms of my feet at times have a yellowish color. This is causing me alot of discomfort. What can it be?
Thank you for your question:

Have you seen a doctor about this?

Have you had any tests?

Are you taking any medicines?

Do you have any medical problems?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I have seen several doctors, I have had blood tests done and everything comes out normal. I was prescribed Gabapentin, which didn't seem to bring much relief. I am presently taking estrogen 3 mg every 3 days. The only medical problem I had was I contracted MRSA August 2008. I was on IV for about 3 or 4 days 3 x a day. Would this have done some damage to my system?

Is this pain there constantly or does it come and go?

Does anything you do or eat seem to make this better or worse?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has been more frequent lately. Food doesn't seem to impact it very much. I would say that I can't tolerate "hot spicy" foods (due to a small hiatus hernia close to my belly button. I only take "nexium" when needed), tea, hot chocolate, are okay so far. I am not able to tolerate a cup of coffee. I can only have maybe "half" a cup. That's about it.

There are a number of things that could cause your symptoms including gallbladder problems, gastritis or duodenitis (inflammation of the stomach or first part of the intestine) or the liver. Blood tests alone are not sufficient to diagnose these problems in many cases.

I would suggest making an appointment with your primary care physician OR a gastroenterologist to have a complete evaluation of your symptoms. You may need some tests such as an ultrasound or endoscopy to fully determine the cause of your symptoms.