Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have a anxiety disorder which is pretty invasive in my

hi i have a anxiety disorder which is pretty invasive in my life and at time can render me speechless in large group functions. but have had trouble cost and doctor wise in finding the meds i need to momenteraly calm me and make me able to have a good time in a group of my peers without feeling judged and uncomfortable. is there any way to get these meds cheap online without prescriptions and doctor visits as i have no insurance.... any ideas on how to help??
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

I am sorry to hear about all the difficulties you are having with your anxiety and getting access to the medical care you need.

RickMD :

If you go online you will find many websites that say they can supply you with medication without a doctors prescription.....they are all scams and will steal your hard earned money.

RickMD :

As far as writing a Rx, or helping you to obtain your medication with an online consultation, I am afraid I have some bad news.

It is illegal to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record.

If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail.

The best thing you can do is try to get your regular doctor to understand your needs and give you the medicine you require. Another option, of course, would be to go to ER. However, I can understand how difficult this would be for you given your current situation.

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I provided you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer:

ok that sucks haha

RickMD :

Ya. I know :(

Customer:

so what would your addvice be for me?

RickMD :

I don't make the law...just live by it.

Customer:

right but what should i do now?

Customer:

to get the help i need

RickMD :

There are many low cost, sliding scale or free clinics that should be able to get you in to see a MD and get the meds you need

RickMD :

If you call your local city hall or google "free clinics" in your city/state something should come up.

Customer:

so if i went to a minute clinic thing in cvs they would be eqquipped to help my needs?

RickMD :

They might, especially if they have a nurse practitioner on staff. I do know that they do shots and stuff...not sure about other health issues.

Customer:

yea it says they have authorities to prescribe things if its called for

RickMD :

I'm glad you checked here before loosing money to the many online scams out there

RickMD :

That should work then.

Customer:

so i guess ill just have to investigate further

RickMD :

Sounds like a good plan.

RickMD :

Is there anything else I can do for you while we are here?

Customer:

yes thankyou for helping me with that it seemed very legit

RickMD :

my pleasure. Best of luck to you. Good night.

Customer:

ok ty very much