Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I discover a very distinguish difference between taking

I discover a very distinguish difference between taking noodles and say porkchop , my blood glucoce level after meal for 2 hours for noodle is 10.5 and 6.8 for meat . Shall I take less carbohydrates ?
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

One of the reasons for the difference you have found is that noodles, as opposed to meat, are converted to sugars faster and, as such, get into your bloodstream quicker.

RickMD :

The best thing to do is eat a balanced diet. What is the best way to balance it? Well, you are already taking the first step by watching what you eat and how it personally affects you.

RickMD :

I suggest you keep a food diary of this data and then bring these data with you to an appointment with a diabetic nutrition consular.

RickMD :

It can be complicated to consume a balanced diet that helps you maintain a healthy blood glucose level/ HgB A1C value but I think you are already on the right track.