Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Cronic pelvic pain can it be cured?

Cronic pelvic pain can it be cured?
1/8/2013
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Can you tell me a little bit more about you pelvic pain?

RickMD :

How long has it been going on?

RickMD :

What have you tried to do to help it?

RickMD :

What have your doctors done for it? Did they give you a diagnosis?

RickMD :

What medical problems do you have and what medications do you take?

Customer:

2 months

RickMD :

Other than the pain, do you have any other symptoms?

Customer:

Prosgutt.- Serenoa repens and Urtica dioica. 1-0-1

Voltaren 50mg (Diclofenac diethylammonium) 1-1-1-

Tafil 50mg .-(Alprazolam) 0-0-1
Biomics 400 1 tab diaria (cefixime 400mg)
RickMD :

Hi. Welcome to chat. Ok. It's been going on for 2 months; got the meds...

Customer:

the diagnostis is a Prostatitis no bacterial no inflamatory

Customer:

medicine dont take away the pain

RickMD :

Have you seen a urologist for a possible biopsy?

Customer:

i have problems for urinate and pubic pain all time

RickMD :

Yes. That is common with this condition.

Customer:

they dont want to take a biopsy they say that it will give me more inflamation

RickMD :

There has been some success with heat therapy directly to the prostate using microwave energy but this is only done at certain centers.

Customer:

can you recomend my one center?

RickMD :

Some patients think that herbs, such as saw palmetto plant extract and green tea can help some but there is no data on this.

RickMD :

I see you are in Mexico. Can you travel to the Minnesota in the USA?

Customer:

yes i can travel to any part in the world

RickMD :

Ok. That is good. The Mayo clinic in Rochester Mn is at the cutting edge of prostate research and treatment and, I believe, they offer the micorwave heat therapy I mentioned. Also they would leave no stone unturned in searching for an underlying cause of your prostate issues.

RickMD :

Here is a link to their webpage:

Customer:

thanks!

RickMD :

***** *****, MD is a full Professor and an expert on this issue.

RickMD :

My pleasure. I wish you the best.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Carlos,
I was just thinking about you and wondering if you have been able to make an appointment to see a urologist at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn yet. I hope everything turns out well and you feel better soon.
Dr Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD