Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been on hydrocodone/acetamin. 5-325 mg 4/times per day

I've been on hydrocodone/acetamin. 5-325 mg 4/times per day for a broken back, in the last week the medicine seems to be doing very little for the pain. Am I becoming intolerant of the pain medicine?
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Thanks for your question.
This means you are getting used to the hydrocodone action.
This is the problem with the narcotic medication--body develops quick tolerance.
You can discuss with your doctor to increase the hydrocodone dose or switch to a stronger medication like oxycodone.
You can also take an anti inflammatory like naproxen along with hydrocodone for better action.
Best wishes