Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had a virus that started Sunday. it started with a sudden

I had a virus that started Sunday. it started with a sudden onset of diarrhea and vomiting. i had it for a day or so.I also had a 100.8 fever for about 2 days and a slight headache. Felt much better yesterday but at night I have drenching sweats and a bad taste in my mouth. Should I be worried? or is this part of the illness?
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Customer:

did you get my inquiry?

RickMD :

yes. Sorry. My nurse just stuck her head in my office with some paperwork I needed to attend to....

RickMD :

do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Customer:

i have hypothyroidism and take synthroid and lexapro.

Customer:

but haven't taken them since the illness

RickMD :

Let me make sure I understand you completely. You have not taken any of your synthroid and lexapro since Sunday?

Customer:

no.

Customer:

my stomach wouldn't allow me to.

RickMD :

You really need the synthroid. Going without it, especially when you are sick, is very dangerous.

RickMD :

From what you have told me, since you are not even able to keep down one little pill, a pill that is necessary for living, you should see your MD, today if possible.

RickMD :

Better safe then sorry when it comes to your health.

Customer:

i actually just got back on it recently. do you think the night sweats are still part of the virus? I can take the pills now. my stomach is much better.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

RickMD :

Yes. The night sweats can very much be a part of the viral infection/flu that you probably have. As long as you can keep down some fluids and eat a bit, like soup etc, and take your meds, I think you will be OK to give it a few more days to resolve.

RickMD :

The bug that is going around is a nasty one this year :(

Customer:

yes and thank you... i got the flu shot and never do. also i exercise alot and rarely ever get sick so this is very awful for me...

RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good day and I hope you feel better soon.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer:

thank you....

RickMD :

:)