Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

I have watery stool and gas. Stomach is also rumbling. Help

I have a lot of gas and watery stool. Stomach is rumbling a lot. What is that?

Welcome to Justanswer. Could you explain your situation a little more?

Since when?

Are you keeping yourself hydrated and how?

Any associated fever, vomiting, blood in stools?

How many loose stools a day and if vomiting how many times a day?

What are the medical conditions diagnosed for you and what medication are you on for them?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am generally a healthy person, however I am lactose intolerant. I eat healthy, fish, chicken, vegetables, I try not to eat a lot of rice, pasta and potatoes. I try very hard to stay away from dairy products. I drink Lactaid milk. I am not on any medications. I do drink a healthy shake, (fiber, greens, gotein mixed with fresh carrot juice). From time to time my belly rumbles and makes a lot of loud noises accompanied with loose (watery) discharge from my anus. I've been feeling this way since Monday. I have been hydrating with water and juice. No fever or vomiting. The watery stool usually comes when I go to urinate and release lots of air (gas) maybe twice a day.

Thank you for the additional information and for your patience.

To begin with, the best way to keep oneself hydrated specially when going through a patch of dehydration caused by diarrhea or vomiting is oral rehydration salt, an example of ready made over the counter being gatorade or rehydralite.

Usually an episode of loose stools settles over three days when keeping one self properly hydrated and removing the possible cause as in your case it could have been mistakenly having taken lactose containing food or drinking contaminated water or eating contaminated food. However where its been more than 3 days (as in your case) and the loose stools with the accompanying symptoms have not settled the recommended course of action is being physically examined by your doctor on priority basis and getting some basic investigations like blood complete picture and stool routine examination done followed by appropriate medication.

So at this place in time this sounds highly likely to be (considering your care for avoiding lactose) a case of gastroenteritis due to a parasitic cause and you need to be physically and examined and investigated by your doctor on priority basis. Hope this helped.

Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience: MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine