Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am looking for the best doctors around the Houston area

Hello, I am looking for the...
I am looking for the best doctors around the Houston area who specialize in anxiety disorders, would you have any recommendation?
Thank you so much in advance!
11/29/2012
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Dr Vikas :

Hello

Dr Vikas :

Anxiety disorders are a very common disorder and all psychiatrists are equally trained for treating anxiety disorder. Specialization in anxiety disorder is not specially required for treating such common disorder.

Customer: Hello, I would appreciate a recommendation for a very good psychiatrist with focus on anxiety disorders in the Houston area, I'm looking for a nation top doctor.
Customer: Thanks for your reply, is there a way to locate doctors in that area with reviews?
Dr Vikas :

So I am not going to recommend any particular psychiatrist for this and in my view you can consult any psychiatrist near by your area.

Dr Vikas :

we can discuss further regarding the type of treatment options in her case.

Dr Vikas :

yes you can take help of several online websites for this purpose

Dr Vikas :

I am forwarding the links to you, please wait

Customer: Ok. Thanks but it is very important to know the doctor background and any doctor will not work for me
Customer: Ok. I would like to check the links for sure
Dr Vikas :

You are looking for a psychiatrist regarding your daughter, has she been diagnosed already as suffering from anxiety disorder?

Customer: Exactly. I'm concerned about my daughter, she has not been diagnosed yet by a psychiatrist but that's what a gp suggested is her issue and age sure has all the symptoms.
Dr Vikas :

OK, I am also forwarding you a link about anxiety disorders which is from a very trusted source and hopefully will be helpful for you

Customer: That would be great, I've been doing a lot of research online and thought a website like this would help us choose where to begin
Dr Vikas :

Assuming that your daughter is suffering from anxiety disorders, these disorders respond very well to treatment in most cases and simply starting a SSRI antidepressant like Sertraline or Escitalopram with or without a low dose benzodiazepine like Clonazepam is sufficient in controlling the symptoms for majority of cases.

Customer: I hope that is the case, I'll check on all the links you sent me and will go from there, thanks a lot!
Dr Vikas :

You are most welcome, please feel free to discuss further if you have any other query to ask.

Dr Vikas :

do you have any other question right now to ask?

Customer: I'll do that, thanks again.
Dr Vikas :

You are most welcome once again.

Dr Vikas :

If you are satisfied with my answer please rate one of the positive ratings (3,4,5) as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.

Dr Vikas :

Kind regards

Dr Vikas :

Vikas

Customer: Not for now, I need to do some homework first, how do I contact you if I have further questions on this issue?
Dr Vikas :

well, you can reply back by pressing the reply button or can post another question starting with "for doctor Vikas only"

Dr Vikas :

or you can use this link

Dr Vikas :

http://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/expert-drvikas/

Customer: That works, thanks and bye.
Dr Vikas :

bye

Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor