DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

What about abouyt servovital hgh, supposed to increase hgh

What about abouyt servovital hgh, supposed to increase hgh naturally via having the pituitary gglan naturally produce more hgh, not synthetic hgh

Hello from JA
There is no good evidence that this product does anything.
There is only one study presented by the company, it is not peer reviewed or published in any major journal, and all that it shows is that HGH levels increased after the use of the supplement, but nothing else.

So, amino acid precursor therapy is doing a lot of different things and can support neurotransmitter and hormonal function.

The product is unlikely to hurt you, if you are supervised in its use by your doctor.

However, there is no evidence that it will do anything for you.

Stuides on increasing HGH in adults have generally failed to show any long term benefit at this point.

Let me know if you have further questions. If you have any concerns just use reply to expert until you are ready to rate a positive for your satisfaction..

Please click on one of the positive ratings [smiley faces]: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, if I understand correctly hgh is a amino acid prodcuded by the pituitary gland. We know hgh production decreases with age. Article says "in Sept 12, more than 500 more than 500 scientist met in Texas (Obesity Sociey 30th Annual Annual Scientific Meeting) and the resulst of a double blind clinical trail revealed that orallly administered compound capable of increasing mean serum growth hormones levels by 682% had finally been found" I note: scientist not doctors, and does not mention SeroVital hgh explictly in the study. Comments?

No
the amino acids in serovital are supposed to simulate the secretion of HGH
IT is not clear that they do so at this point.

The study might have been presented to the scientist but the study was not peer reviewed or published.
This is all marketing talk; not science talk.

Yes GH decreases with age because you don't need it.

A lot of study has looked at benefits and they are not clear at this point.