Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What should I do about an MRSA colonization in my lungs

what should I do about an MRSA colonization in my lungs
11/7/2012
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Are you having any symptoms?

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : Are you having any symptoms?
I look forward to your response.
Many people have MRSA on and in their bodies. For example, this is very common in Nurses.
As long as you are not having any symptoms and are not ill, there is nothing to worry about.
Does this make sense to you?
I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.

I'm sorry for getting upset with you, I'm just feeling like I'm falling through the cracks and not getting better yet. now my doctor wrote for an antibiotic that is supposedly the best for MRSA but it costs 2500.00. and it's not covered by medicare it is called linezolid 600mg BID so thats where I'm at right now. I'm seeing the Dr. Tuesday. But I don't want a diff. antibiotic that's not going to work. Any way I thought might have a suggestion or something

Hi Linda,
Well, at least now I understand it wasn't me that you were upset at. I guess there are times when we all have to give the dog a kick :)
That is the drug I would use for a serious MRSA infection. If it doesn't work, nothing will.
I wish you the very best and hope you are better soon.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD