Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
That is an excellent question. And it all depend on if he is having any other symptoms then just a feeling of his affected side being a bit more stiff today.
Of course, the safest thing to do, given his history, would be to make a trip to the ER where his blood can be tested and any signs of a new stroke can be ruled out.
The name of that rat poison, by the way, is coumadin :)
that's the one..sorry I could not spell it
I am glad to hear, however, that he is already scheduled for a doctor visit in the morning. Make sure that he tells his doctor about this issue if he doesn't want to go to the ER.
this is the first time that he waited 3 weeks to get his blood checked last time it was 2.7
Ok that is good. Usually we want an INR value between 2.0 and 3
what do you think about the sign to stick out his tonque to see if its crooked..his speech is fine not slurring..on no he rather no go to ER
From what you have told me he probably will be OK to see his MD in the morning...and I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to go and sit in the ER waiting room for the next 3 hours :)
Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?
yes and Thank You I feel better
My pleasure. Have a good evening.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles. Thanks in advance, Dr. Rick