Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

IN TAKING COFFEE ARE THER ANY DRUGS TO BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT? I

IN TAKING GREEN COFFEE ARE THER ANY DRUGS TO BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT? I TAKE PLAVIX==SIMVASTIN==SYNTHROID== VITAMIN D ***@******.***
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

I can not find any studies that show drinking coffee made from green (unroasted) coffee beans will in any way interfere with the medications you have listed.

RickMD :

So. What is the take home message? You should be OK. That being said, this is an area that has not been well studied. As such, the best thing to do would be to discuss your desire to drink green coffee with the doctor who prescribes your medication prior to drinking GC.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : I can not find any studies that show drinking coffee made from green (unroasted) coffee beans will in any way interfere with the medications you have listed.
RickMD : So. What is the take home message? You should be OK. That being said, this is an area that has not been well studied. As such, the best thing to do would be to discuss your desire to drink green coffee with the doctor who prescribes your medication prior to drinking GC.
RickMD : Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick